I’ll play you without a plectrum.
by TETIANA ALEKSINA & TONY SINGLE
© All rights reserved 2017
rare things are growing
the moon is moving , shalom
fly the burning flag of freedom
do you know what it’s like
to be almost swallowed home ?
he pours the tea
gold sugar , emotional weight
unfurls her hair
upon dew shoulders , a soul
scratching in the still and quiet
she is scared
and not scared
an amateur actress standing bare
first on center stage fore square.
“ Mary did you know ”
you have a regal stance ?
all mutate in your presence
the camera clicks
she turns her head
and when she sees she does transfix
her human vanishes
the bleak cold winter
a bountiful banquet
shattering dry in the rain debris.
Mary don’t dye your hair
wanting to change your wild esprit
I too am thirsty seeing you there
the moon is moving the tall pine tree
over passing Traverse Bay
glory joins utopian pupils
the lake of her eyes my northern stay .
a spaceship jolts
Issa is here and
he is calling for you
Mary , do you know what it’s like
to be swallowed home ?
I am scared
and not scared for you alone .
© All rights reserved 2016
Have you missed a previous Crumble Cult, or want to locate your favorite strip again? Or maybe you need to find some incriminating evidence to confirm your opinion of the authors? Then feel free to click and read to your heart’s content! Or discontent…
Is Crumble Cult not enough buttery goodness for you?
Then why not check out The Crumbcast, an ongoing podcast series in which Tony talks about the comic, life, and other things. And ums. And ahs. A lot.
by MARK RENNEY, TETIANA ALEKSINA & TONY SINGLE
© All rights reserved 2016
These beasts of onyx despise cowards
only to the brave, knowledge it shall pass onwards
approach the deity only if you are not craven
for you might have to face an Unkindness of Ravens
(An Unkindness of Ravens by the amazing Obsidian Visionary)
Damn… Hello!Can you believe that not only pigeons deliver welcome letters? I swear, ravens are completely competitive in such matters! Why am I so sure? Because some weeks ago I got an amazing message, and it was brought by… drumroll… The Darkest Raven!
Yes, my dear feathery friends, I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by my mysterious friend Raven.
And I’m going to accept this nomination!
11 questions… 11 facts… Uff! Really sweaty work! It’s nice that birds can’t sweat… Hmmm… or can they? No, no, I’m just kidding. Birds don’t have sweat glands. OK. Let’s fly!
I. Questions for me
01. Why did you start blogging? I felt that it was time to leave my nest.
02. What inspired or influence you to write? A blank sheet, an inkstand and the white feather which rested near.
03. What are three things you can’t live without? The sunny sky. The cloudy sky. The stormy sky.
04. What (other) talents do you have? I can teach you how to fly without wings.
05. What is your favorite post you’ve written? (Don’t forget to include the link) Dedication on my blog.
06. If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be? Huginn and Muninn.
07. If money were no object, what would you do all day? I would play ‘hide-and-seek’ among the clouds.
08. What has been your biggest challenge? When I was pretending to be a song bird.
09. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? And why? I would learn how to seem like a ‘birdbrain’… Sometimes it’s pretty useful.
10. What makes you smile? Penguins skating on ice.
11. What is your most memorable moment in your life? My first flight.
II. Facts about me
I have 1 beak; 2 wings; 3 fingers on every wing; 4-chamber heart; 5 anterior air sacs; 6 thousand feathers; 7 music notes in my hoarse songs; 8 dozen hues of grey on my plumage; 9 cervical vertebrae; 10 doubts that I didn’t get confused with these facts; 11 primaries.
III. My nominees
Who? What a silly question! Of course, all birds that I met on WP! (Pepperanne! Ry! My dearest ‘birds of a feather’! I know, you’re flying very highly and quickly! If you notice this post… suddenly… you’re my first nominees!) OK! My flock…
02. A Blind Bird
04. BLACKBIRD’S NEST
05. Halcyon Phoenix
06. SHAWN L. BIRD
07. the crow reborn
08. The Owl’s Wise Eyes
10. Love and Feathers
11. BIRD ENCOUNTERS OF A BALCONY KIND
IV. My questions
01. Donald Duck or Woody Woodpecker?
02. Swan Lake (ballet by Pyotr Tchaikovsky) or Black Swan (film by Darren Aronofsky)?
03. Harpies or Gryphons?
04. Angry Birds (puzzle video game) or Birds of Steel (combat flight simulator video game)?
05. The Wonderful Adventures of Nils (books by Selma Lagerlof) or Duck Tales (cartoons by Disney)?
06. Dove of Peace (sketch by Pablo Picasso) or Swans Reflecting Elephants (painting by Salvador Dali)?
07. Blackbird (song by The Beatles) or White Bird (song by Sam Bush)?
08. Captain Jack Sparrow or Skipper, Kowalski, Private and Rico (The Penguins of Madagascar)?
09. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (novel by Ken Kesey) or To Kill a Mockingbird (novel by Harper Lee)?
10. Raphinae or Phorusrhacos?
11. The Raven (poem by Edgar Allan Poe) or The Birds (film by Alfred Hitchcock)?
V. Rules (the most boring part, isn’t it?) So, it’s only your free will…
Accept / Not accept this nomination.
Paste / Not paste the Liebster logo onto your blog.
Link back / Not link back me.
Answer / Not answer my questions.
List / Not list 11 facts about yourself.
Nominate / Not nominate 11 other blogs.
List / Not list 11 questions for your nominees.
Inform / Not inform your nominees by leaving a comment.
Is all of this clear? Cool! Mission over, mission done. I fly away… Catch up with me!