– Oh, grandmother, what big pears you have!
– Stop! What is this? What the bullshit did you say?
(The wolf stares at me… Damn! I always fail with accurate quoting!)
– You should say: ‘Oh, grandmother, what big ears you have!’
(I nod. My red cap slides down to my nose. But I don’t surrender.)
– Oh, grandmother, what big wands you have!
– Are you jeering at me? Hands! What big hands you have!
(I keep silence and wait. The wolf is looking at my resume.)
– I cannot understand how you coped with your role in ‘The Green Hornet’! Who is your custodian? I should devastate him! I gauge your dramatic talent like the dramatic talent of a fruticose lichen!
– I didn’t have a big role. I was a lame ship’s boy on the ark ‘Young liches’… and a corpse on the skiff in the next scene…
– And what are you doing here?! Why do you think you can cope with this role?
– I believe in myself… My grandmother always said…
(The wolf is almost growling. The wolf is almost ready. The wolf is almost near me…)
– Stop! Stop wasting my time! Get out!
(The wolf is bending over me… and I’m wresting his Adam’s apple.)
– My grandmother always said: ‘For be it my mask, or be it your blood, red will be the last color that you’ll ever see…’
(OMG! I’m a hero! I didn’t make a mistake in this quote!!)
…I come out to the yard. This morning I see gnomes around the adjacent pavilion. ‘Snow White’. I throw away my red cap and put on a white apron.
by TETIANA ALEKSINA
© All rights reserved 2014