These beasts of onyx despise cowards
only to the brave, knowledge it shall pass onwards
approach the deity only if you are not craven
for you might have to face an Unkindness of Ravens
Can you believe that not only pigeons deliver welcome letters? I swear, ravens are completely competitive in such matters! Why am I so sure? Because some weeks ago I got an amazing message, and it was brought by… drumroll… The Darkest Raven! Yes, my dear feathery friends, I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by my mysterious friend Raven. And I’m going to accept this nomination!
11 questions… 11 facts… Uff! Really sweaty work! It’s nice that birds can’t sweat… Hmmm… or can they? No, no, I’m just kidding. Birds don’t have sweat glands. OK. Let’s fly!
I. Questions for me
01. Why did you start blogging? I felt that it was time to leave my nest.
02. What inspired or influence you to write? A blank sheet, an inkstand and the white feather which rested near.
03. What are three things you can’t live without? The sunny sky. The cloudy sky. The stormy sky.
04. What (other) talents do you have? I can teach you how to fly without wings.
05. What is your favorite post you’ve written? (Don’t forget to include the link) Dedication on my blog.
06. If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be? Huginn and Muninn.
07. If money were no object, what would you do all day? I would play ‘hide-and-seek’ among the clouds.
08. What has been your biggest challenge? When I was pretending to be a song bird.
09. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? And why? I would learn how to seem like a ‘birdbrain‘… Sometimes it’s pretty useful.
10. What makes you smile? Penguins skating on ice.
11. What is your most memorable moment in your life? My first flight.
II. Facts about me
I have 1 beak; 2 wings; 3 fingers on every wing; 4-chamber heart; 5 anterior air sacs; 6 thousand feathers; 7 music notes in my hoarse songs; 8 dozen hues of grey on my plumage; 9 cervical vertebrae; 10 doubts that I didn’t get confused with these facts; 11 primaries.
III. My nominees
Who? What a silly question! Of course, all birds that I met on WP! (Pepperanne! Ry! My dearest ‘birds of a feather’! I know, you’re flying very highly and quickly! If you notice this post… suddenly… you’re my first nominees!) OK! My flock…
02. A Blind Bird
04. BLACKBIRD’S NEST
05. Halcyon Phoenix
06. SHAWN L. BIRD
07. the crow reborn
08. The Owl’s Wise Eyes
10. Love and Feathers
11. BIRD ENCOUNTERS OF A BALCONY KIND
IV. My questions
01. Donald Duck or Woody Woodpecker?
02. Swan Lake (ballet by Pyotr Tchaikovsky) or Black Swan (film by Darren Aronofsky)?
03. Harpies or Gryphons?
04. Angry Birds (puzzle video game) or Birds of Steel (combat flight simulator video game)?
05. The Wonderful Adventures of Nils (books by Selma Lagerlof) or Duck Tales (cartoons by Disney)?
06. Dove of Peace (sketch by Pablo Picasso) or Swans Reflecting Elephants (painting by Salvador Dali)?
07. Blackbird (song by The Beatles) or White Bird (song by Sam Bush)?
08. Captain Jack Sparrow or Skipper, Kowalski, Private and Rico (The Penguins of Madagascar)?
09. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (novel by Ken Kesey) or To Kill a Mockingbird (novel by Harper Lee)?
10. Raphinae or Phorusrhacos?
11. The Raven (poem by Edgar Allan Poe) or The Birds (film by Alfred Hitchcock)?
V. Rules (the most boring part, isn’t it?) So, it’s only your free will…
Accept / Not accept this nomination.
Paste / Not paste the Liebster logo onto your blog.
Link back / Not link back me.
Answer / Not answer my questions.
List / Not list 11 facts about yourself.
Nominate / Not nominate 11 other blogs.
List / Not list 11 questions for your nominees.
Inform / Not inform your nominees by leaving a comment.
Is all of this clear? Cool! Mission over, mission done. I fly away… Catch up with me!
by TETIANA ALEKSINA
© All rights reserved 2014